Apr 19, 2024

'Q & R' Quirky Texas Rusted Relics

 Rust In Peace Ye Old Relics

There is something about old buildings that beckons photographers, artists and Texas history buffs. When you fit all three, it's a photo shoot, a future painting and a blog post...like this one.  The painting may come later. Roaming Texas' backroads and following signs that promise a small town off the beaten path nearly always pays off.  Like this once thriving Home Lumber Co.

Like this front yard where the house held a family, 
the grass was mowed and the trucks parked in drive way.
The Quirky Things Texans Leave To Rust!
Thank goodness!!!

Thanks for visiting Where Bluebonnets Grow
All photos by Sue McPeak ©reserved

3 comments:

  1. I like the old brick building. Not so much rusty cars in the front yard! My neighbor has one he's "going to fix" I have to see every time I look out the window. Funny thing is, he rents and the landlords had a different rusted car in the same place they were "going to fix."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quirky, all right. That old truck even had a rusty license plate to match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the maytag washer being used as a planter.its very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comment. Welcome to Where Bluebonnets Grow. I would love to visit your blog...leave me a link...we will chat!